Drift Creek Falls

Drift Creek Falls is an easy hike that is worth checking out if you are near Lincoln City Oregon.
A view of the falls. You can hike to the bottom and stand underneath the falls. If you take a right at the base of the falls you can follow a creek for a while that looks like it would be a great location for Salamander hunting. I did not have time on this trek or I would have flipped every log and moss patch I could find!

Crossing the high traffic suspension bridge. I did this on a Saturday morning so the bridge was packed like a Costco parking lot full of families trying to get that "special" shot.

I branched off the trail so I could get to the top of the waterfall. I hiked along the creek and mainly used the rocks for stepping spots (trying not to disturb or disrupt the area). This was incredibly difficult because I stupidly wore flip flops and the rocks are incredibly slick. I fell multiple times, this was not my finest hour.

It was a pretty trek.

At last, the top of the waterfall. It was worth the bruised knees and pride. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.